Monday, June 28, 2010

Across USA 2010 Day 3

Today I traveled from Grants NM to Elk City OK. The weather was very nice and for the most part the ride was nice. Only had one problem and that was just before Amarillo TX. There was the guy in a red Tacoma pickup that was playing games or something. He passed me and pulled in front of me than slowed down. I moved into the left lane passed him and got back into the right lane. I will also mention that I had the cruise control set so my speed was consistent. He than did the same thing again. This time when I pulled up to his left rear fender he started slowing speeding up to hold me there. This made me nervous so I slowed down but so did he so I nailed it and got past him again. He than went to pass me again but this time he pulled along side me and started flipping me off and such. By this this time my son pulled up to me and gave me the WTF look. I had him screen the guy for me and pulled my canteen out so I could throw it at him if I had to. I think the guy figured out that I was not alone and that I had something to throw at him. Never figured out why he did what he did but let me tell you it made me nervous.

My son and I stopped at the McDonalds in Moriarity NM and I met two WW II veterans having coffee. Ended up finding out ghat lone of them was a Marine and had served at Iwo Jima and the other one was a B29 pilot who had to land at Iwo while it was still be fought for. What an honor it was to meet these men and shake their hands.

Well tomorrow it is off to Fayetteville AR to meet up with my my nephew and my sister for dinner. Weather looks good for riding so I am looking forward to that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment